Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in Williamsburg
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Williamsburg
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Peace Hill Farm, owned by writer and historian Susan Wise Bauer, is a hundred-acre family farm that raises rare Leicester Longwool sheep, Angora goats, ducks, and chickens.
Our Afternoon Tea & Light Lunch offers you soup, finger sandwiches, sweets, scones, and pastries--plus tea or coffee, of course, along with a full wine list. Linger as long as you like, looking out over working farmland and sheep pastures; add a farm tour with our compliments; eat indoors or out (in nice weather, under the trees; in colder months, in front of the fireplace). Stay as long as you like, breathe deep, and enjoy.
Afterwards, browse our farm store! We produce fiber (fleeces, rovings, and beautifully finished yarns) plus lambs, kids, and free-range duck and chicken eggs.
We offer customized farm-to-table dinners--ask for details
Whether you’re planning a family dinner, a night out with friends, or a gastronomy treat for out-of-town guests, we believe Cochon on 2nd will become your favorite dining destination.
Berret's Seafood Restaurant specializes in fresh regional seafood-shrimp, blue crab, scallops, oysters, and tuna. Also offering steaks, chicken, and vegetarian selections. Full beverage service, micro brews, and wines. Voted by Tidewater locals as the best seafood restaurant for over 30 years.
RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INSIDE DINING ONLY, outside dining is first-come, first serve.
In addition to a half-acre produce garden and greenhouse on site where lettuces and herbs will be grown, our chef works hard to find local farmers as partners in producing a menu oriented towards fresh and seasonal specialties.
Our wide variety of fresh selections from our unique menu will guarantee that everyone in your party leaves with a smile.
We offer a magnificent selection of the finest authentic Italian dishes. We do not take short cuts. All of our dishes are made to order, which means that you can expect to have a dish where the ingredients and sauces are prepared and made on site after you place your order.
We offer more than spaghetti and meatballs. So do not be afraid to explore beyond your ordinary pallet. Have a glance at our menu and photo gallery (currently under construction) to see what tempts you.
See what locals rave about in Williamsburg
- WWWilliamWWashington, D.C. Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoSplit pea soup was excellent. Lobster and filet perfectly prepared. Always a great selection of wine- sancerre always favorite. After dinner sauterne makes a nice ending. Table location by the fireplace was nice. Table next to us a bit loud but our food and wine made up for it. Charles B an excellent server.More infoLe Yaca$$$$• French• Williamsburg•4.9
- JJacketAtlanta Metro •14 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoWe were all in the mood for something different. We started out with oysters, both raw and fried. Then we had burgers, pizza, and a salad. Everyone enjoyed their meal.More infoCraft 31$$$$• Burgers• Williamsburg•4.4
- DWDW34vipChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great food and wonderful server. The bread is phenomenal, as was the red, white, and blue plate. Will returnMore infoBerret's Restaurant$$$$• Seafood• Williamsburg•4.8
- PBPattiBvipVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Our family had a fabulous New Years dinner. Our waitress Carolyn was wonderful in every way. She was very personable and knowledgeable on the history of the Tavern. We loved the ambiance of the room and the gentleman who played the guitar was so talented as was the gentleman who explained our room as a bedroom long ago. Two of us had the seafood 2 had the Prime Rib and our grandson loved his hotdog. We will make this a tradition every year going forward.More infoKing's Arm Tavern$$$$• American• Colonial Williamsburg•4.8
- ABAngelaBVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Consistently a good meal, service and atmosphere.More infoOpus 9 Steakhouse$$$$• Steakhouse• Williamsburg•4.7
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Williamsburg
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Williamsburg sweeps its visitors to another time with its cobblestone streets, Colonial-era taverns and village-style shopping. Consider it an invitation to taste America’s heritage with authentic Virginia ham, buttermilk biscuits, peanut soup, local wine and cheeses and Chesapeake Bay seafood. Filet mignon topped with jumbo lump crabmeat, roasted tomato and crab bisque and sautéed lump crab cakes celebrate the Bay. While Williamsburg, the largest of the American colonies, was Virginia’s capital and political center throughout the 1700s, don’t let all of that American history fool you. Williamsburg shows off its international side with pork schnitzel, shepherd’s pie, Flemish beef stew and house-made pasta with artichoke hearts. French flair is found in dishes like veal scaloppini, pan-seared sea scallops and grilled lamb with lentils and heirloom tomatoes. Four-course lunch menu, anyone?
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Williamsburg is The Bed and Breakfast at Peace Hill
The best vegan restaurants in Williamsburg are Le Yaca, Opus 9 Steakhouse and Cochon on 2nd
The best vegetarian restaurants in Williamsburg are Le Yaca, Gabriel Archer Tavern and Tuscany Ristorante Italiano - Williamsburg
The restaurants with the best service in Williamsburg are The Bed and Breakfast at Peace Hill, Red Lobster - Williamsburg and Fat Tuna Grille & Oyster House
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Williamsburg are The Bed and Breakfast at Peace Hill, Fat Tuna Grille & Oyster House and Taste Studio at Colonial Williamsburg
- Norge Crossing Shopping Center
- Rosewell Ruins
- Green Springs National Historic Landmark District
- Busch Gardens
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg
- Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony
- Greensprings Vacation Resort By Diamond Resorts
- Bassett Motel
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Crossing Shopping Center
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Farm Fresh Shopping Center
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Williamsburg
- The Market Place Shops Shopping Center
- Mattaponi Indian Museum
- Duke of Gloucester Street
- Fords Colony Golf Course
- Belo Shopping Center
- Courtyard Williamsburg - Busch Gardens