Make a free reservation
Available for lunch now in Midlothian
Outdoor dining in Midlothian
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Midlothian
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Chef Dunlap was previously the Executive Sous Chef at The Inn at Little Washington and the Corporate Executive Chef of Quirk Hotels (Quirk Hotel RVA & Quirk Hotel CVille). He was named as 1 of the 32 Restaurant Stars on the Rise in 2020 by FSRMagazine, Rising Star Chef of the Year by Two Roads Hospitality Worldwide, and has won Best Dishes at Broad Appetit 4 years in a row.
Enjoy special events such as Wine/Bourbon Pairing Dinners, Private Dining/Event Space, and a Chef's Table Experience. This is a local, family-owned business, owned by Chef Dunlap & his wife.
We offer casual-style dining by reservation and/or walk-in’s are always welcome. Our restaurant is relaxed by design, yet easily customized for special occasions and events. We keep it clean and the decor simple; hoping to showcase the fresh ingredients and highlight exceptional service.
The Grille was always intended, and indeed is, a place where family, friends, residents, neighbors and the entire Richmond community can come together and enjoy each other’s company. Amazing food is an essential part of the experience, but we keep it reasonably priced so that everyone can enjoy.
Our seating setup is designed to create spaces for every occasion – from the private and intimate Reserve room for special dinners, as well as the high tops, traditional tables and 10 TVs scattered throughout. Special attention was paid to make the entire facility wheelchair friendly.
Join us on one of our spacious patios, or by one of two indoor fireplaces in our dining rooms, or in our upstairs lounge area. Private seating is available.
We’re proud to serve only pasture-raised, antibiotic, and hormone-free Virginia beef and strive to procure other local products when possible. We also have a German-inspired menu along with many American favorites!
Restaurant experiences trending in Midlothian
See what locals rave about in Midlothian
- MDMcDinerVirginia •16 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe kind of dining experirnce you only expect to find in the city is available in suburbia. I moved into Richmond to be closer to good restaurants, and now they have at least one in Midlothian. Everything about the place is top notch, especially the food. Worth the trip back out to Midlothian.More infoMidlothian Chef's Kitchen$$$$• American• Midlothian•4.6
- CLCassidyLVirginia •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThe environment at Ruth's Chris Steak House is pleasant and very calm. The service was amazing as the waiter came by several times to take our order, answer questions and ask how our food/drinks were. The food was very delicious and presented to us very well. This was our first time going here and it did not disappoint! We would love to come here again in the future for a nice sit down experience. I would give this restaurant a 10/10 experience.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Richmond$$$$• Steakhouse• Richmond•4.8
- BMBelgicaMVirginia •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The Igloo setting is perfect!! We enjoyed the privacy of it, and our waiter was awesome. He came on time for the next order and was very pleasant and attentive. The sunset was breathtaking!!! It was the perfect way to begin the year.More infoThe Boathouse at Sunday Park$$$$• Seafood• Midlothian•4.4
- TFTerriFVirginia •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were a party of eight for Sunday brunch. Food and service were both excellent.More infoThe Hard Shell - Bellgrade$$$$• Seafood• Midlothian•4.6
- CRCRISSFVirginia •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server was wonderful. She was able to recommend several menu items. I had the Baked French Toast (Brunch Menu) and it is fabulous. Very custardy, lightly browned and drizzled with caramel sauce. Garnished with fresh Strawberries and Black Berries. Definitely worth a return trip!More infoFirebirds Wood Fired Grill - Richmond - Belvedere$$$$• American• Richmond•4.5
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Midlothian
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Midlothian is a blossoming town just west of the beautiful heights of Richmond. Many diners in the area have rotating menus depending on the day of the week and what is fresh and in-season. If you're looking to try new and exciting cuisine, Midlothian is a fantastic place to visit. With a relatively large Asian population, Asian fusion dishes are very common. Chefs mix local ingredients and recipes from other cultures to create truly unique meals at bistros and eateries. If you're more of a traditionalist, you can find a wide range of standard Greek, Italian, and comfort food restaurants in addition to steakhouses, burger joints, and pizzerias.
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in Midlothian include Midlothian Chef's Kitchen, The Hard Shell - Bellgrade and The Boathouse at Sunday Park
Restaurants with gluten-free options in Midlothian are Midlothian Chef's Kitchen, The Boathouse at Sunday Park and The Hard Shell - Bellgrade
Bottomless brunch in Midlothian is available at The Boathouse at Sunday Park, The Hard Shell - Bellgrade and Midlothian Chef's Kitchen
The most romantic restaurant in Midlothian is The Boathouse at Sunday Park
- Buford Shopping Center
- Saylers Creek Battlefield State Park
- Independence Golf Club
- Arch Village Shopping Center
- Powhatan State Wildlife Management Area
- Quality Inn Burkeville
- Bear Creek Lake State Park
- Wheeler Mall
- Wilcks Lake Public Area
- Longwood Village Shopping Center
- Grove Street Park
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midlothian Turnpike
- Magnolia Grange
- Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
- Pocoshock Golf Course
- Genito Crossing Shopping Center
- Iler Field
- Farmville Shopping Center
- Best Western PLUS Governor's Inn Richmond
- Appomattox Game Club Preserve