- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoOur server, Antoine, was excellent. He made us feel like value customers and he made our lunch fun.More infoBahama Breeze - CharlestonPrice: Moderate• Caribbean• North Charleston•4.3
- OTOpenTable DinerGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoThe server was extremely welcoming and the ambiance was exactly what we had hoped for - cozy, upscale but not pretentious. The decor and lighting were perfect. We each had a pasta dish and they were on par with the best meals we had when we visited Italy. If I lived in the area we would certainly make this our go-to spot for date night. Price was very reasonable given the quality of the food. Tiramisu was delicious too. Can’t think of a single thing we would change. We are here for a few nights and already made a reservation for another meal.More infoIndacoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- SPSavPSouth Carolina •3 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOur favorite spot! We always bring friends here when they are visiting. The food is amazing, music is bumpin and the service is always quick and friendly!More info843 KOREAN BBQ & SUSHI HOUSEPrice: Moderate• Korean• North Charleston•4.4
- NNadiaMiami - Dade •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The Cadillac mimosas were very good!! Our server and food was delicious. I would definitely eat here again.More infoChurch and Union - CharlestonPrice: Moderate• American• Downtown Charleston•4.5
- DSDianeSSouth Carolina •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 23, 2019It was great but they need to bring back the sweet potato fries!!More infoCarolina Ale House - SummervillePrice: Moderate• American• Summerville•4.4
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.