Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our owner/ chef Andy, originated from Taipei, Taiwan, has over 20 collective years experience in the restaurant industry.
Please understand we have 10 tables in our dining room, for that reason we do have the policy below.
Cancellation policy: If cancelled after the 48 hour window,
we charge the card on file $195 per person.
For parties over 4 people, one weeks notice is needed for a cancellation. If cancelled after the 5 working day window, we charge the card on file $195 per person.
We offer a prix fixe sushi menu starting at $85-$125.Our menu will change daily, depending on the season and what is available from the Toyosu Market in Japan. Our full course meal will include 12-18 courses: starter, zensai, nigiri sushi, soup, and dessert.
- We only offer a set Omakase tasting menu (each reserved seat must order the Omakase)
- We can not accommodate Vegetarians/Vegans
- We require 24 hour notice for any allergies and dietary restriction modifications
- We are unable to modify the menu on the same day of the reservation
- Please review the cancellation/no-show policy before booking
We look forward to seeing you soon!
LUNCH (WEDNESDAY - FRIDAY) - 11:00 am to 2:30 pm
HAPPY HOUR (WEDNESDAY - FRIDAY) - 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
LUNCH (SATURDAY - SUNDAY) - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
DINNER (WEDNESDAY - SUNDAY) - 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm
RESERVATIONS ARE TAKEN UP TO 4 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
TABLES ARE RESERVED FOR A 2 HOUR TIME LIMIT.
Outdoor seating will not be available.
The Hayes Street Grill's walls are covered with autographed photos of the artists who consider the restaurant their club. Though we've remodeled since our opening 33 years ago, the original brass coat hooks along the walls remain, as does our founding philosophy of cooking only the food we would serve at home to our families, albeit dressed up a little, with a religious dedication to wholesomeness.
Mr. Tipple’s is a craft cocktail bar featuring live jazz.
Reservations have a 90min time limit from reservation time.
There is a $20/guest min for table service
Mr. Tipple’s heralds back to a 1950s NYC basement. Cozy. Dark. Boozy. The intimate setting features local jazz artists up close and personal. It’s a joint where you come as you are, hear great music, tap your toes, and sip a properly chilled cocktail.
My name is Mr. Tipple. Just a simple and laughable bloke hailing from London. I run a recording studio. My friends joke that you’ll oft find me spinning cocktails, not reeling tape. After a few too many, I usually just sit back and enjoy the music, having forgotten to hit record. Regardless, the band is always jiving, the whiskey is always cold, and we’re having a smashing good time.
In addition to our beautiful atmosphere, our dishes are just as gorgeous. If you want to experience the best breakfast or best brunch in San Francisco, look no further! Experience our Matcha Mochi Pancakes! You must experience our famous cotton candy Cloud 9 cocktail ! You also cannot do brunch without a delicious Mimosa!
Can you keep a secret? In addition to our main dining room, we have our Secret Bar! An elegant, stylish, intimate experience. If you have tried our brunch, you must check out our dinner menu! Our Chef Cut Steak, Bear Belly Carbonara, Seafood Tower & fun variety of appetizers are just a few of our amazing dinner selections.
- SLSonomaLoLovipSan Francisco Bay Area •8 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAs always before our annual concert around the corner, bunch was great in every way. We were running late due to parking, but our superb server made it work out perfectly. All our dishes were tasting,and beautifully presented. We lucked out to have a bay window table amidst the chic brasserie ambience.More infoAbsinthe Brasserie and Bar - SFPrice: Expensive• French• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.7
- JNJeanNvipSan Francisco Bay Area •17 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoEverything is always A+ here, a perfect SF seafood restaurant with old world service. Wouldn’t eat anywhere else prior to a symphony or opera.More infoHayes Street GrillPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.5
- JJazzaholicvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOutstanding 6 course vegan Harvest Meal. The service was impeccable. The timing was perfect. Each course was very good and creative. They provided gluten-free option for my celiac partner. Besides offering excellent wines at very affordable prices, we also appreciated the non-alcoholic beverage availability. It was our second time dining there and we will definitely return.More infoBAIAPrice: Expensive• Italian• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.4
- KKimchiSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoThis is my go to sushi for a special occasion in Hayes Valley. The chefs and staff are friendly and the food is divine. My favorite is the Hamachi Truffle appetizer. I sometimes just come in for that alone. Everything is delicious. Be adventurous!More infoElephant Sushi Hayes ValleyPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Western Addition•4.6
- KKclaxSan Francisco Bay Area •17 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 19, 2023Great cabaret feel, great service and great food! I will return for sure!More infoMr. Tipple’s Jazz ClubPrice: Moderate• Cocktail Bar• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.8
These stellar San Francisco restaurants have exclusive tables for APEC attendees
A local omakase favorite, comforting Burmese food, the freshest farm-to-table dishes, and more.
3 can’t-miss events at annual food fest Eat Drink SF
A buzzy cocktail party, a waterfront lunch, and a collab dinner make up Eat Drink SF this year.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Hayes Valley
A hotbed for the tech set and buzzing eateries, Hayes Valley has quickly become one of the hottest dining destinations in the city. After the 1989 Loma Pieta earthquake destroyed the Central Freeway, it paved the way for the rise of the neighborhood. Today, it’s hard to walk more than a block before discovering another gem—whether it’s sushi, Scandinavian, modest Greek, or liquid nitrogen ice cream. It’s not all casual cuisine, however. Nestled amidst the dense deliciousness, you’ll find rustic French bistros and a champagne bar with an extensive caviar list. After exploring the eclectic flavors and charm of the Hayes Valley streets, we recommend heading to Patricia’s Green for a perfect desert of people watching and unwinding.
Frequently asked questions
- Apple Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC)
- Hayes Valley Inn
- Childrens Multicultural Museum
- Days Inn Civic Center
- San Francisco Museum of Art
- Allyne Park
- Marshall Square
- Museum of Typewriters
- Inn on Broadway
- Orpheum Theatre Christmas Shows
- Memorial Court
- Inn at the Opera
- Castle Inn
- Twitter Headquarters
- Cow Hollow Studio
- San Francisco Symphony
- Nob Hill Motor Inn
- San Francisco City Hall
- Civic Center BART Station
- The Grove Inn