Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Casbah promises an exciting, sophisticated gourmet dining experience in an intimate, comfortable atmosphere. On the first floor, the year-round heated patio & Southern European-inspired dining room offer elegant seating in an open, warm space. For more seductive & intimate dining, the lower level, with a glass-enclosed wine room, stone-covered walls & innovative lighting provides the coziest of retreats.
Umi offers an evening of unparalleled dining, featuring New York style sushi and Japanese cuisine and meticulous preparation. At center stage is our awe-inspiring omakase: a multi-course adventurous meal prepared by Mr. Shu, winner of Pittsburgh Magazine’s Chef of the Year.
House cocktails, as well as a variety of sakes and wines are available to complement your experience.
Umi's dining room transforms the top floor of a Shadyside Victorian row house into a delightful Japanese garden. Authentic tatami seating, a large sushi bar, and a delicate waterfall create a transcendentally peaceful dining experience.
- KkneesvipPittsburgh / Western PA •117 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoYummy meal and outstanding service by Leah. Looking forward to our next visit.More infoSOBA LoungePrice: Expensive• Pan-Asian• Shadyside•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerTahoe / Reno Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoJeff D was an awesome server and truly made my friend’s birthday special with a sparkler, chocolates and cotton camdy. Very cool!! Loved the restaurant. We will be back.More infoRitual HousePrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Downtown•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerPortland / Oregon •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoExcellent omakase experience. Five-star selection of sashimi with superb flavor and presentation, complimented by the delicious sauces and aiolis they were paired with. Our servers were wonderful and knowledgeable about each dish. We would have ordered another 11 courses if we had room - it was that good!More infoUmi Japanese RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• Japanese• Shadyside•4.8
- NONicholleOPittsburgh / Western PA •10 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023My husband had dinner at Eddie Vs to celebrate some accomplishments and as a getaway for our busy lives. The service was wonderful. The food was delicious especially my Chilean Sea Bass in the broth! High quality food and service. We enjoyed the live entertainment as well as the ambiance!More infoEddie V's - PittsburghPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Downtown•4.9
- Jjoe2vipCleveland / Akron / Canton •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We are from out of town and visiting my son. This restaurant is wonderful. We had the hummus appetizer and calamari, which was awesome. The swordfish my husband and I had was outstanding-- nothing like we have tasted! Would definitely recommend!More infoCasbahPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Shadyside•4.8
The Shadyside restaurant scene has played a part in helping the neighborhood earn its A+ grade for being a great place to live. Although parking can be a challenge, visitors can fortunately experience a wide variety of eateries on foot. Thai street food, bacon-rich bar snacks, and ingenious vegan cuisine are all within walking distance of one another, so everyone can find something that suits him or her. Alehouses, pubs, and watering holes may tempt you with classic drinks featuring fresh juices, craft-brewed beers, and unique specialty cocktails. To satisfy your sweet tooth, grab a gelato, uncommon ice cream, or homemade tortes and pies.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 2, 2023 there are 9 restaurants in Shadyside. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Mediterranean, Pan-Asian, French, Contemporary American, Japanese and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Shadyside who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Shadyside either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Towervue Golf Course
- South Side
- Mansions on Fifth
- Friendship Suites Pittsburgh
- SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Southside Works
- Ace Hotel Pittsburgh
- BridgeStreet at Carson Street Commons
- Shadyside Shopping Center
- Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty
- Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel Pittsburgh
- Roup Station
- Chatham University
- Schenley Park Golf Course
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Bakery Square
- Mellon Park