- PMPaulMPittsburgh / Western PA •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoOur party of four had no one who had been to Soba before, so we were unsure about what to expect. No worries, we had a great time and great meals served by a very knowledgeable server. One of our party had numerous questions and all were answered in depth and with enthusiasm. The food was wonderful. All of us enjoyed our meals immensely. The atmosphere was busy but not noisy and the seating was extremely comfortable. Making reservations was easy and altering them when plans changed equally simple. Again, the server was outstanding. Will definitely return.More infoSOBA LoungePrice: Expensive• Pan-Asian• Shadyside•4.7
- SLSallyL1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoMy review won't be any different from other reviews which reflects how good the food here is. The whipped ricotta was amazing with the focaccia. I do wish we hadn't filled up on bread but it was that good. The "small plate" of mussels was actually quite enormous and paired with the mafaldine, we had enough food for two and weren't physically able to fit dessert in. The sauce paired with the mussels was perfect and great for dipping with the garlic bread. The mafaldine was very good with large chunks of crab scattered throughout, the maiitake texture complemented the dish as did the crispy pan frito. There was something a bit different or unexpected about the texture of pasta noodles in this dish that I can't quite put my finger on but I would have expected a springier/chewier texture. Still very good nonethelessMore infoFish nor FowlPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• East Liberty•4.6
- CCmohinPittsburgh / Western PA •8 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOur food was excellent, so delicious. The wait person marked up the menu for my gluten and dairy free companion. The honey roasted squash was fabulous, as was the foie gras. We also liked the fried artichokes - rice flour coating so GF. I love boquerones and those were so tasty along with the chips served with them.More infoMorcillaPrice: Expensive• Spanish• Lawrenceville•4.8
- MMakiePittsburgh / Western PA •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWas recommended to Alta Via by someone who said it was her favorite restaurant. The food was well-prepared, tasty, and unique enough to make it a great experience. The chopped salad was a bit odd tasting, but fresh and quality, it may have been the celery seed vinaigrette, and/or blackberries. Service was friendly, but after waiting a good 30 minutes between the salad and our entrees, the server could have stopped by to say "Sorry for the long wait, I talked with the kitchen,..." INSTEAD, we had to search out the server at which time we were told, the food was being platted and would be right out. Recognize your guests, even if it's bad news!More infoAlta ViaPrice: Expensive• Italian• Fox Chapel•4.7
- Jjoe2vipCleveland / Akron / Canton •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We are from out of town and visiting my son. This restaurant is wonderful. We had the hummus appetizer and calamari, which was awesome. The swordfish my husband and I had was outstanding-- nothing like we have tasted! Would definitely recommend!More infoCasbahPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Shadyside•4.8
Choose from a variety of cuisines when dining out in Tarentum, Pennsylvania. Enjoy pulled pork, ribs, and brisket at several locations featuring Pennsylvania-style barbecue sauce with unique twists. Steak is a popular option for a special night on the town. Alternatively, consider sushi or seafood favorites. Fresh salads and submarines also make great choices for lunch. Creative Italian cuisine covers family night, or choose from among the numerous restaurants serving outstanding hamburgers. Family-friendly sports bars serve fish tacos accompanied by a large selection of beer on tap. When comfort food is top of mind, roast beef with mashed potatoes is not hard to find. Consider starting your day at one of Tarentum’s bakeries. Grab a soft pretzel or some yogurt for an afternoon pick-me-up.