Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
From plantains to the classic Cuban sandwich, we have all of the classic Cuban specialties covered with our twist, of course! Come visit us to see what Louisville has been missing.
At Mima's, we believe in creating an inviting and invigorating atmosphere. That's why you can find different choices to choose from. Whether you're enjoying a delicious dinner in our dining room, a tasty Mojito at our bar, or even a fine hand-rolled cigar on our patio, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
- RBRebeccaBNashville •6 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe had a wonderful night at Lou Lou. When we go out to eat, we love to have a beautiful venue, moderate noise level, and a special ambiance. Lou Lou has all of that to spare, plus delicious food. The hushpuppy app is great. My salmon with mango salsa was perfectly cooked. The desserts are not to be missed. Do not sleep on that bananas foster cheesecake. Decadent cheesecake with a creme brulee top, perfectly balanced caramel sauce and bananas. The only thing that could have made that dessert better would have been if it had been served flambe, table side! Can't wait to go back and try the speakeasy downstairs for live jazz.More infoLou Lou on MarketPrice: Moderate• Cajun• East Market St - NuLu•4.6
- SMShellyMNashville •11 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoTried Cured on the recommendation of native Louisvillian. Great choice. Met the owners and chef. Make sure you try the meat that is cured in house. Take some home with you for the next day. Yummy! The charcuterie board appetizer is worth every penny! The Porterhouse was perfect meal to share. Will go again!More infoCURED Restaurant & SalumeriaPrice: Expensive• European• Butchertown•4.7
- OTChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 3, 2023Great pizza and service was excellent! Love this neighborhood.More infoEmmy Squared Pizza - LouisvillePrice: Expensive• Pizzeria• Downtown Louisville•4.2
- PPickyeatervipMiami - Dade •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The ambiance was energetic and fun! The food was delicious and authentic. The staff was wonderful and made the evening more enjoyable.More infoLa Bodeguita De MimaPrice: Moderate• Cuban• East Market St - NuLu•4.9
- PpaulfCentral Kentucky •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023This was an awesome experience. The service was next to none food was absolutely delicious and the restaurant was decorated beautifully.More infoGuacamole Modern MexicanPrice: Moderate• Mexican• East Market St - NuLu•4.8
Discover East Market Street - NuLu
The NuLu neighborhood of Louisville has a dynamic dining scene that’s carving out a new niche for itself. Comfort foods are being creatively elevated to insanely good levels, and the dining community is embracing international cuisine. You’re just as likely to find Peruvian charcoal chicken, General Tso’s chicken or chicken shawarma on menus in NuLu as you are classic Southern staples like hush puppies and fried catfish. Regional classics invented right here include mutton barbecue, which pairs nicely with live bluegrass, burgoo and the world-famous Hot Brown sandwich. And who can leave East Market Street without popping a few chocolate bourbon balls?
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in East Market St - NuLu is La Bodeguita De Mima