Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our mission is simple: to celebrate the diverse, hustling, resilient city of Detroit and its people by consistently providing amazing food and a stellar experience. Our expansive menu has something for everyone: whether it’s our take on the famous Maurice salad that your grandparents remember from Hudson’s, a heaping stack of Cinnabun pancakes for the dessert-for-breakfast person in your life, a Voodoo benedict for those who love an adventurous take on an old classic, or Mickey Mouse pancakes for the little ones, we’ve got you covered.
Founded in 2011, born in the heart of Detroit just before the city’s much-publicized revival began. Located on Woodward Avenue between Grand River & State St, our name is a nod to the iconic Hudson’s department store, which was located directly across the street on Woodward Avenue, and Detroit’s heyday as a bustling, cosmopolitan city. We have been blessed ever since to watch the city progress & grow around us.
HopCat was founded on the principles of bringing local craft beer a bit closer to the communities we love. We’re known for our award-wining Cosmik fries, which are beer battered, sprinkled with our signature cracked black pepper seasoning, and served with a side of warm cheese sauce. From burgers to tacos, our menu offers a range of delicious options.
We live the craft lifestyle - beer, cocktails and even craft food made from scratch. With a dedication to local breweries, sustainability and community engagement, HopCat offers craft beer and great food in a vibrant atmosphere for an inclusive, unforgettable experience.
- CRChefRobbOrlando / Central Florida East •31 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAuthentic Italian food and beverage in a great atmosphere. Accommodating service from the kitchen. I could not decide between two pasta dishes, so they made me a half order of each!More infoCantoro Trattoria - PlymouthPrice: Moderate• Italian• Plymouth•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •14 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe went here with our youngest daughter for our 40th anniversary. They not only gave us our favorite table, which we had requested earlier, but they all signed an anniversary card for us, and gave us a nice dessert. From the moment we walked in, along the way with the food and service from Emma, to the final dessert and leaving, we had such excellent service and a great time. We really appreciated this visit. ￼ I could not say enough about this experience. Much appreciated.More infoHyde Park Prime Steakhouse - Northville, MIPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Northville•4.6
- MMark1 review5.0Dined on Sep 15, 2023Our waitress was excellent. The food was also excellent The restaurant was neat and clean. Our reserved table was set up very well. Thank you!More infoGranite City Food & Brewery - NorthvillePrice: Expensive• American• Northville•4.1
- CCricket1 review5.0Dined on Jul 20, 2023Great atmosphere and refreshing. Quiet and great service during lunch time.More infoGrand Tavern - LivoniaPrice: Moderate• American• Livonia•4
- 00311Detroit / Eastern Michigan •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very welcoming. The restaurant is clean, and the staff is very friendly. The food is very tasty and prepared nicely.More infoMitchell's Fish Market - LivoniaPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Livonia•4.3
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
There's no need to venture into Detroit for food when you're visiting Livonia. This suburb is home to some amazing authentic restaurants that include European, Spanish and Middle Eastern cuisines. In addition, there is an abundance of Italian restaurants. While some specialize in pizza, others focus on traditional dishes. Family-style restaurants are especially popular in the Livonia community. You'll find plenty of buffet options, which are a plus for those who are really hungry. Livonia also offers the relaxed atmosphere of a small town along with being a great place to catch a meal while visiting Detroit. You'll enjoy this laid-back place with a comfortable dining experience.
Frequently asked questions
- Livonia Shopping Center
- Henry Ford Field
- Farmer Jack Plaza Shopping Center
- Whispering Willows Golf Course
- Lola Valley Parkway
- Glenhurst Golf Course
- Riordan Playground
- Compton Park
- Kimberly Park
- Clements Circle Park
- Laurel Park Place Shopping Center
- Algonquin Park
- Northville Golf Course
- Buckingham Park
- Founders Sports Park
- Meadows Park
- Merri Warren Plaza Shopping Center
- Arbor Town Square Shopping Center
- Manning Park
- Seven Farmington Shopping Center