Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We are bringing our version of the Kreuzberg Doner experience to Detroit and creating a place where you can begin and end your evening. Our cocktail menu pulls from the vibrant colors, spices and punchy flavors of the district. Our light and dark beer selection are a reference to the “branded” corner bars scattered throughout the neighborhood. Our food is diverse, direct and craveable.
Specialty wines and spirits complement each course. Guests enjoy tableside conversation with Frances Cannarsa Truant, the “padrona” or perhaps a visit from Chef Randy Truant. The atmosphere is convivial, warm, and aromatic. The staff is seasoned, the service impeccable.
The Godfather Room is the ideal setting for a business meeting.
The Wine Room offers a touch of romance for that special evening.
The Main Dining Room is a perfect place to celebrate a birthday or an anniversary.
There’s a Speak Easy in the back for the ultimate private party.
Simply looking for a wonderful meal? Come for lunch or dinner.
The London Chop House is open for dinner service Monday-Saturday. Private parties are available in multiple private dining spaces for groups of all sizes. The London Chop House was originally open from 1938-1991 and reopened in 2012 as one of Detroit's greatest dining traditions.
We pride ourselves on carrying products of the highest quality and social responsibility from local, small batch producers. We will serve our guests, team members and community with a brand of unmatched hospitality. We will cultivate a dining experience that is as remarkable and unique as the city we call home.
The menu centers around the in-house dry-aging room, yielding Prime Steaks and Chops expertly butchered on site. The balance of the menu features seafood and eclectic dishes that change with the seasons. Lunch has its own unique offerings, and the Bar offers distinct offerings for Happy Hour. An extensive wine list is housed in a state of the art cellar with private lockers.
Dress code is business casual at a minimum, and is strictly enforced. Please dress accordingly
Symposia highlights the Mediterranean region inspired by Greece, Italy, Spain and more. Signature dishes include Roasted Beet with whipped feta, pickled strawberry, green harissa; Spanish octopus with Romesco, Yukon potato, and Chorizo Iberico; Australian Lamb Chop; Amish Half Bird, with harissa, crème fraiche and an olive oil cake with pistachio, orange, honey-whipped Greek yogurt.
The space evokes a Mediterranean landscape with pops of white and sea blue alongside materials like stone and wood. Symposiums of ancient times were used as a space to gather, drink, and dine in celebration. In that same spirit, Symposia provides a welcoming atmosphere for family and friends to gather while savoring our unique cuisine.
Imagine a light breeze overpassing the Adriatic Sea coupled with fresh mediterranean vegetables, olive trees, citrus, grains and various cheeses. Our restaurant experience will fulfill this by bringing you closer by each bite of our authentic dishes.
Come join us to get a taste of the Adriatic experience.
Chef Guy Pelino has been a part of the italian cuisine culture here for over 25 years. He is thrilled that Amore da Roma will be able to contribute to the revitalization of Eastern Market while maintaining the history of the original Roma Cafe in both recipes and atmosphere. We look forward to serving all generations as they come to Detroit to continue their traditions, celebrate their heritage and create memories in a city that is full of diversity, culture and pride.
- DEDougEatsSan Antonio •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoHad Thanksgiving Dinner here. Not your traditional Turkey Day meal, but very tasty! Excellent service and incredible presentation. Served Family Style, there was more than we could possibly eat. Took home plenty of leftovers.More infoThe Apparatus RoomPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Detroit•4.4
- NFNathanFDetroit / Eastern Michigan •5 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoCan't say enough about this place. Sat at the bar and Mena took amazing care of us. We had never been to ZuZu so she suggested some amazing craft cocktails that they offered. Sei Less was our favorite. We met the managers Stephanie and Rahul. You can tell they take pride in this place. The sushi was amazing. Definitely need to try the Zizzle and Zmoke. Well worth it!More infoExperience ZuzuPrice: Very Expensive• Asian• Detroit•4.4
- AKAnneKDetroit / Eastern Michigan •9 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 20, 2023The food was really good. We loved the flambéed burrata. We thought the Brussels sprouts could have used a little more flavor but then we dipped them in the sauce from the chicken wings and they were great. Our server was so nice and the atmosphere was wonderful. I would definitely go backMore infoParcPrice: Expensive• American• Detroit•4.5
- YRYolandeRDetroit / Eastern Michigan •8 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 19, 2023The food at the Eagle was so delicious. We choose a variety so we could taste different items. The chicken was moist and well seasoned, the mac and cheese oh boy, that cheese sauce was very good. Omg the shrimp and grits was amazing but my favorite thing was the cornbread spoon bread I hurt myself trying to eat that. Also the service was exceptional. I cannot wait to go back!!!More infoThe Eagle - DetroitPrice: Moderate• Southern• Detroit•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerToronto / Ontario •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Amazing service, Food, drinks and atmosphere 💜More infoBakersfield - DetroitPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Detroit•4.5
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
This metropolis in Eastern Michigan was founded in 1701, and its diverse residents continue to define its dynamic food scene. Although it might not be fancy or originally from Detroit, the Coney Island-style hot dog delivers the hearty working class food that keeps many people in Detroit rolling. Other choices could overwhelm you as you encounter cuisines inspired by the Middle Eastern, Polish, and Greek communities that helped build the city. Detroit is the premiere source in the Midwest for Middle Eastern staples like hummus-stuffed pitas. Downtown you can get a basic breakfast anytime or fancy crepes in old Corktown. The Polish origins of Hamtramck make smoked kielbasa and sauerkraut local favorites, and Greektown serves up authentic Balkan lamb dishes and sweet baklava.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Detroit is Hammer & Nail
- Highland State Recreation Area
- Cobo Center
- Sandys Marina
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Cobo Arena
- Woodward Avenue
- Saint Andrews Hall
- Music Hall Center
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of Detroit
- Vernor Playground
- Comerica Park
- Belle Isle Park
- Mcgregor Conference Center
- Westin Book Cadillac
- Masonic Temple Theatre
- Hunt Playground
- Lapeer Park
- Embassy Suites Detroit Metro Airport
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby
- The Fillmore Detroit