Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
For over 30 years, our sophisticated menu of contemporary American food has drawn guests from far and wide. You can’t beat the vibe of Beverly Hills Grill. With a menu and décor inspired by the Californian city of Beverly Hills, we’re small enough to feel cozy but big on both flavor and style.
Voted by OpenTable diners as one of the Best Overall Contemporary American Cuisine in Detroit in 2016, you’ve come to the right place!
The Rugby Grille Restaurant located inside Birmingham Michigan’s Townsend Hotel offers a memorable-dining experience. It features beautiful art, intimate tables and a private bar, world-class service and the culinary expertise of our talented team. The menu changes seasonally and features the very best in USDA prime beef, seafood, poultry and salads. The Rugby Grille features monthly events including wine dinners.
The Rugby Grille has been recognized with the following awards: the coveted AAA Four Diamond award, the Forbes Travel Guide "Recommended" rating as well as the very exclusive Wine Spectator "Two Glass Best of Award" of Excellence since 2016.
We are open Tuesday-Thursday from 4 pm to 5 pm for Happy Hour. Only the Happy Hour menu will be available during that hour.
During the summer season guests can enjoy patio dining accompanied by live music.
Weekend Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Offering one of the best Happy Hours in Birmingham, the $9 Appetizer & $8 Cocktail Menu consists of Sesame Ahi Tuna Tartare, Sweet & Spicy Calamari, Shrimp Tacos, top-shelf spirits and more. (Monday-Friday, 3-6pm)
With large elegant dining rooms, 220 Merrill is the perfect place to host private parties, special events and business conferences.
Awards & Accolades:
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2022
Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" - 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bar for Business Deals"- 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bartender" - 2016
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2015
We are open Mondays for special events only and closed on Sundays.
Birmingham Pub brings a sophisticated twist to the classic gastropub experience. Our inviting ambiance is casual, yet sexy and quite comfortable with an eclectic mix of luxe touches and urban chic details. Life’s simple pleasures – an after-work cocktail, a perfectly grilled New York strip, and fine wine – are richer, trendier, and exciting at Birmingham Pub. Join us in this high-energy atmosphere where luxury is all about enjoying every moment to its fullest with friends, colleagues, and the people you meet while you’re here.
For breakfast and lunch reservations please go to Cafe Dax to book Monday through Friday
- NNopeAustin •5 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThe thanksgiving buffet was fantastic. Every item I tried was delicious. The carving stations were varied and the meats were well seasoned and cooked properly. There was a live band playing bossa nova and acoustic Christmas music. I can’t imagine any way it could have been better.More infoMadamPrice: Expensive• Global, International• Birmingham•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoWe had a wonderful experience celebrating friends birthday! The food and drinks were amazing! The manager came to the table, just such a great experience! I loved itMore info220 MerrillPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.7
- CCCCBNXOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoFood was excellent. Portions were not huge for the money, but it was an acceptable splurge. We had the octopus salata, steak tartare, citrus salad, and lamb ragout rigate. All of it was extremely good and not dishes you can get just anywhere.More infoZANAPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.6
- JFJenniferFvipGrand Rapids / Western Michigan •48 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoOur first time dining here & will definitely be back!! Fantastic rare spirits collection. The food was fabulous, loved the ambiance & the service was top shelf. Creamed corn with pancetta was so good!! Fresh corn!! Really great experience!!More infoHyde Park Prime Steakhouse-Birmingham, MIPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Birmingham•4.5
- GKGarrettKChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThe food was very fresh and had a great presentation on the dish. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Bustling crowd that night. Great place for a date or a family meal. That's tough to accomplish, but they pull it off.More infoTallulah Wine Bar and BistroPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Birmingham•4.7
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
As Detroit rises, its suburbs continue to flourish, and Birmingham is no exception. After a day shopping in Birmingham's boutique shops, you won't have to look hard to find a great place to eat in the city. Birmingham is a boon for authentic Italian cuisine, thanks to its immigrant history. In fact, there are still Italian cafés where you can brush up on your language skills over coffee. Or you can try your hand at the Mediterranean and Indian restaurants, which are popular in the Detroit area. During the Michigan growing season from May through October, Birmingham hosts a farmers' market brimming with local delicacies.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Birmingham is Tallulah Wine Bar and Bistro
- Kroger Retail Center Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit-Birmingham
- Linden Park
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Southfield - Detroit
- Amherst Park
- Sullivan Park
- Pioneer Park
- Booth Park
- The Corners Shopping Center
- Saint James Park
- Adams Square Shopping Center
- Sherwood Square Shopping Center
- Pembroke Park
- Poppleton Park
- The Townsend Hotel
- Evergreen Plaza Shopping Center
- Birmingham Golf Club
- Crestview Park
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Southfield
- Fries Park