Originally developed as a center of steamboat commerce, Shreveport is now a health and tourism center for Northwest Louisiana. In addition, it's home to Barksdale Air Force Base. Like most of Louisiana, Cajun and Creole cuisines are definitely on the menu in Shreveport. Some of the most iconic dishes include crawfish, etouffée, gumbo, and jambalaya. Seafood is readily available, and Shreveport restaurants cook it to utter perfection. Oysters, shrimp, crab, and fish come to the table as fresh as if they were just taken out of the ocean. Alongside its Louisiana roots, Shreveport is definitely a Southern city, complete with fried chicken, gravy, and rice. Ethnic cuisine has also found its place here, with Greek, Mexican, Italian, and Chinese restaurants available throughout the city.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Shreveport. Our customers recommend Superior's Steakhouse, Ernest's Orleans Restaurant and Jack Binion's Steak House - Horseshoe Bossier City
As of December 5, 2023 there are 19 restaurants in Shreveport. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Italian, American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Shreveport who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Shreveport either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Winnsboro Commercial Historic District
- Barksdale Air Force Base
- Horseshoe Bossier Casino & Hotel
- Alexandria Mall Shopping Center
- Garden District Shopping Center
- R's Barnwell Memorial Garden Art Center
- Norton Art Museum
- Lake Bistineau State Park
- Hermione House Museum
- Pierre Bossier Mall Shopping Center
- J Bennett Johnston Waterway Regional Visitor Center
- Ludwig Recreation Park
- Hamels Amusement Park
- Carldon Martin Park
- Turtle Creek Plaza Shopping Center
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport
- Midtown Plaza Shopping Center
- Louisiana State Exhibit Museum
- Shreve City Shopping Center
- Lake Providence Residential Street Historic District