Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Come explore our newest location: Superior Grill Highland!
Enjoy some fabulous Mexican fare in our exquisite dining space on Highland Road or choose to sit on our spacious climate-controlled patio while sipping on a refreshing margarita or ice-cold beer! We'll see you soon!
Family Owned and Operated
About the Owner: Mr. Kulici is currently pursuing his professional career here in Louisiana. After 25 years he has devoted an exasperating amount of time and creativity to the art of food and hospitality. Consistency and culinary drive sets his goals to constant expansion and entrepreneur opportunities that are currently unfolding here in Louisiana. LaContea Italian Restaurant has now been open since February of 2017. The modern Italian ambiance and cuisine is touched with elements of traditionalism and flavor that brings more nuance to the idea of comfort Italian food.
Mr. Kulici just released his most recent updated seasonal menu as of November 2023.
With over 170 different wines to choose from, LaContea is constantly expanding its repertoire to create a masterpiece selection that truly has something for everyone and features service bar with classic brands and local distributions alike.
We start with the best local seasonal organic produce, sustainable seafood, the purest farmed animals and the historic foods that have defined this landscape for generations. The food is responsibly grown, harvested, sourced and the menu changes with the seasons. We pride ourselves in making our dishes from scratch and with a light touch. You can also find items that are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free on our menu.
The Carriage House Restaurant at Houmas House and Gardens offers a more casual dining experience in one of the most beautiful Dining Rooms in America. Whether dining at our 40 foot long grand dining room table, or an intimate table for two, our style is Comfortable and Southern. Our menu is a collection of Classic Southern Dishes, with twists to make them our very own.
- OTDenver / Colorado •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoFood is delicious and served generously. Flavors are on point and exceed what you expect when you’re reading through the menu. Drinks are also generous and balanced in their flavor profile. SoLou is worth making a regular dinner spot, hands down.More infoSoLou RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• Baton Rouge•4.6
- RRedcargirlNew Orleans / Louisiana •32 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe treated ourselves to dinner at Ruth’s Chris to celebrate my husband’s birthday. After trying all the steakhouses in Baton Rouge over the years, we have come to the conclusion that Ruth’s Chris is the place for us to go if we want to have a really good steak. They never disappoint. We both started with the crab cakes which were just about all lump crab meat with just enough filler to hold them together. We both had the Harvest Salad, which was delicious, but quite large. Since we always like to have an appetizer, we will probably ask to split the salad next time. For entrees, I had the Petite Filet and my husband ordered the Regular Filet. We both requested they be cooked Medium. Mine arrived perfectly cooked. He asked for his to be cooked a little more and the steak was taken to the kitchen to be cooked a bit more and was returned promptly prepared to his liking. My husband ordered the one pound baked potato with all the accouterments and I ordered the grilled asparagus with Hollandaise sauce on the side. The asparagus serving was large enough for us to share and have some left over to take home. I took a few bites of his baked potato and it was delicious. The restaurant presented my husband with a complementary blueberry topped cheesecake with a candle and Happy Birthday written on the platter. It was a lovely festive touch and large enough for four people. We shared it for dessert and then took home the remaining half. Our waitress, Katie, took very good care of us. Our courses proceeded smoothly at a comfortable pace. She was there when we needed something but was never obtrusive. We were able to enjoy our food and conversation in comfort. Highly recommend for when you want a good steak, professional service, for an occasion where you want to be confident that things will be done as they should be!More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton RougePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
- JJanevipNew Orleans / Louisiana •9 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoOur waiters James and Nick were wonderful and allowed us to exchange gifts with one another ❤️ We were in the beautiful Hallelujah Room and it gave us the privacy to have fun and get a little loud! The food and cocktails were delicious and nice to have the option of alcohol- free! Thanks… we’ll be back!More infoJuban's Restaurant and BarPrice: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.7
- DWDougWvipBaton Rouge / Lafayette •4 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoAlways a great experience! Food and service were outstanding.More infoElizaPrice: Moderate• Creole• Baton Rouge•4.8
- DBDerrickBBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great place to eat took wife on anniversary she love itMore infoTexas de Brazil - Baton RougePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.4
Discover Baton Rouge
The cultural melting pot of Baton Rouge reflects the diversity of its population in the depth of its dining options. Put simply, if you love seafood, you can't go wrong. Classic fusion cuisines like creole and Cajun are a trademark of this Southern city, but soul food and contemporary fine dining also abound. It's as easy to find great barbecue as it is to find great gumbo in Baton Rouge. And don't forget about crawfish season when you can get your favorite crustaceans prepared a dozen different ways. The city also takes its sweets seriously with even its best dinner menus putting equal emphasis on the quality of their desserts.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 5, 2023 there are 66 restaurants in Baton Rouge. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary Southern, Creole, Steak and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Baton Rouge who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Baton Rouge either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baton Rouge South
- Louisiana State University
- Corporate Square Mall
- Clark Memorial Park
- LSU Rural Life Museum
- Oneal Plaza Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive I-10
- Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
- Madewood Plantation
- DoubleTree by Hilton Baton Rouge
- Carriage Alley Shopping Center
- Perkins Road Olympia Field
- Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane
- Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
- Tuscarrora Street Park
- Lsu Tiger Stadium
- BTR Airport
- Highland Road Park
- Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
- Beauregard Town Historic District