Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
* Outdoor tables are available weather permitting.
* We do not have an enclosed patio with heaters, so plan according to the current weather forecast. We likely will NOT be able to move your party inside due to inclement weather.
* Parties of up to 5 will be given 1.5 hours from the time of reservation, parties of 6-8 will be allotted 2 hours. If your party is late, it will cut into your overall time.
* Due to limited space, please account for any children in your party.
* We hold tables for up to 15 minutes. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, please contact the restaurant.
We believe in an eclectic yet approachable love for food. Our chefs draw from foundations in classic French and Italian cuisine, finding inspiration in seasonal and local ingredients that offer a modern twist to each dish. Our ever-changing menus reflect the efforts of our collaboration with unique purveyors, local farmers, and artisan producers. Join us for an elevated, unpretentious dining experience.
Our patio is now open! Reserve online by selecting "outdoor" option or give us a call at 303-297-1215 and we will do our best to accommodate the request. Our outside tables can seat a MAXIMUM party size of 4 only.
****PLEASE NOTE: Our patio is uncovered; in the event of rain, we will do our best to accommodate everyone inside but cannot guarantee a move is possible. Additionally, our patio is NOT DOG FRIENDLY.
Denver’s original steakhouse, The Buckhorn Exchange is located in the city’s oldest neighborhood, just 5-minutes from downtown Denver -- with a light-rail stop right across the street. This National Historic Landmark and Western Museum has been serving the finest in Old West fare since 1893.
Prime grade beef steaks, buffalo prime rib, elk, salmon, quail, game hen, and succulent baby-back pork ribs are just some of the marvelous offerings on the Buckhorn menu. Exotic appetizers such as alligator tail and buffalo sausage are available, and no dinner is complete without the house specialty, Rocky Mountain Oysters.
For lunch we serve up a lighter fare including our renowned Grandma Fanny’s pot roast sandwich, enormous beef and buffalo burgers and more!
- TTshelly1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoAte here for my sister's birthday. It was 5 p.m. on a Monday, so it wasn't very busy. The food is amazing, the staff was nice, and the happy hour prices are ridiculously cheap. Oh, and the margaritas were really good too. Not a huge fan of the location, but would definitely recommend.More info100% de Agave$$$$• Contemporary Mexican• Downtown / LoDo•4.3
- APAdamPDenver / Colorado •2 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 9, 2023Authentic neighborhood Italian food and atmosphere. Dinner was amazing prior to our evening at the theater.More infoDiFranco's$$$$• Italian• Central•4.4
- MMiggsNew York / Tri-State Area •13 reviews5.0Dined on Jun 30, 2023Food was excellent. Service overall was good. However, the waiter seemed like he was in a rush from the moment he came to our table the first time to greet us. He kept trying to take our order even though we mentioned we were not ready yet. Then during our meal kept checking in to see if we were done. At one point he asked if we wanted desert. I asked and he read us a list of available deserts. They had a few that sound good. I said was interested and wanted to think about it for a moment. Almost instantly the waiter responded and said he would just bring us the check instead. So I agreed, paid or bill and made our way out. I don’t think the waiter was intentionally trying to be rude, but it was obvious to our group that he was rushing us even if he wasn’t aware of how he was coming across. I WOULD STILL TOTALLY EAT HERE AGAIN. TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS.More infoLittle India Restaurant - 6th Ave$$$$• Indian• Downtown / LoDo•4.1
- LALAcovipDenver / Colorado •20 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Bustling little place that has a small but mighty menu. Our server was great, the seafood platter was the perfect amount of food to share, and the bread was amazing. The seafood is the chef's selection and the brothy shellfish was tasty, if not my husband's favorite. Asparagus and potatoes on the other side of the plate were perfect. A phenomenal dessert selection was passed on in favor of a wonderful chocolate martini.More infoOdyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar$$$$• Italian• Central•4.5
- KCKalaCChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023This is one of my favorite restaurants in Cherry Creek. Great food, outstanding service (Travis was wonderful), the only drawback is how noisy it: I’m a quiet talker and my date has a difficult time hearing me. It’s still worth it! I go to North again and again. Definitely recommend it.More infoNorth Italia – Denver$$$$• Italian• Cherry Creek•4.7
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Denver
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Denver
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Denver
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
The best places to grab a drink in Denver
Denver’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Denver’s best outdoor dining
Denver’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Denver
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
20 restaurants that scream “Denver”
Get to know the Mile High City through some of its best restaurants.
10 top date night restaurants in Denver
Denver’s breathtaking mountainscapes and vibrant nightlife options mean a memorable date is never out of reach. Come February, romance fills the air—and the restaurants—in the Mile High City. A proposal-worthy steakhouse downtown is known for extra-intimate velvet booths. In Central Park, a lively cantina is a popular group hang venue, thanks to shareable plates of Mexican soul food. At a renowned oyster spot in Cherry Creek, elegant seafood feasts draw plenty of couples. No matter how you’re celebrating love, these romantic restaurants have a table for you. Read on for a guide to 10 Denver restaurants serving up date night-worthy meals and backdrops.
Denver’s 5 Best New Restaurants to Try
Get ready for an influx of fresh, exciting spots in Denver to try. As per usual, pizza remains popular, but in Lakewood there’s a new Italian joint offering much more than just the pie. Tacos, too, are popping up more and more, and there are two new examples that can’t be missed. Each of these five places are absolute musts for your restaurant radar.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
The cultural upswing of central Denver, Colorado, couldn't be more evident than in its variety of great restaurants. You'll find a mix of pub, seafood, classic, international, and fusion dishes at every turn. From breweries to cutting-edge Asian cuisine, few places are seeing the American food revolution like central Denver. Take a stroll to some street tacos or drive down 14th Street to try gourmet pub food or dine at an upscale steakhouse. Home-style diners and cozy Italian restaurants are just around the corner from nearly every rail station if you're craving comfort food. When an authentic deli is in walking distance of a beloved eatery serving smothered breakfast burritos, you know you won’t stay hungry. Whether you keep it light with wood-fired eggplant risotto or indulge in chicken and waffles, central Denver has you covered for every meal.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Central Denver is the plimoth
- Civic Center Cultural Complex
- Pioneer Monument Fountain
- United Nations Park
- Governors Park
- Humboldt Street Historic District
- Quality Hill Historic District
- Barnum Park
- Civic Center Park
- City of Nairobi Park
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
- United States Mint At Denver
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Frog Hollow Park
- Barnum East Park
- West Bar Val Wood Park
- City Park Municipal Golf Course
- Voorhies Memorial
- Colorado Convention Cetner
- Museum of Natural History
- Firefighters Museum