- RMRobertMChicago / Illinois •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoDependably good service, good food, and great drinks. A neighborhood gemMore infoAnteprimaPrice: Expensive• Italian• Andersonville•4.7
- CKChristineKvipChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoSo good! The food, the service, the chef… all outstanding! Will definitely be back!!!More infoBrasserie by C&CPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Edgewater•4.5
- GGregChicago / Illinois •7 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoIt’s our first time here and it did not disappoint. From appetizers to entrees and desserts everything was a great japanese culinary experience. Our food was served one by one right on time from the hardworking, friendly and knowledgeable staff. It was definitely a positive experience for us!More infoItokoPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Lakeview / East Lakeview•4.7
- JCJessicaCChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoWhere to start? Everything was incredible. The ambience is gorgeous, food is out of this world and the staff are incredible. The restaurant is cozy and the menu has something for everyone. The paella was incredible, the croquetas were the best we have ever had. The desserts blew us away. Every item we ordered was beyond delicious and the owner was attentive and charming. We can not wait to go back and bring friends/family. It was a real pleasure and we left full and content. Definitely check it out if you like tapas.More infoLittle Madrid Tapas CafePrice: Expensive• Tapas / Small Plates• Andersonville•4.5
- KKrankChicago / Illinois •27 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We always love your New Years pj brunch but this year was extra great! Our server wearing the Bama pj's was superman at hustling the very busy day, all with a smile and a great sense of humor!! The food is great, atmosphere and vibe are tops when you are looking for a fun departure from your everyday stressors.More infoCafé Ba-Ba-ReebaPrice: Moderate• Tapas / Small Plates• Lincoln Park•4.8
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Tucked away just north of Wrigley Field, Edgewater is a rich neighborhood that sits right on the shore of Lake Michigan. Eating in Edgewater is an experience that can cater to all. Obviously, you should start with a deep-dish pizza. If you want to play it safe, you can sample the staples of Italian eateries and the decadent Chicago hot dog. If you’re hitting all of the local legends, then consider an Italian beef sandwich. The style’s origin is still hotly debated, but the people of Chicago proudly claim it as their own. When you’re feeling adventurous, you can take advantage of the region’s longstanding tradition of inventive fusion foods. Appealing to the hipster in all of us, Chicago was creating new flavor profiles long before it was cool.